Whether your triggers include work stress, a change in the weather, or carpool day, just about all of us get headaches at some time or another. Help prevent headaches with this list of reminders:
- Make sure you’re drinking enough. Dehydration can be a common cause, so try for 6-8 glasses of water a day (around 3-4 regular bottles) if you’re looking to help prevent headaches. When it’s hot out or you’re exercising, you might need more.
- Stick to drinking water. Other fluids, like soda, could contain ingredients that trigger the pain.
- Keep a record of your headaches. There are all different kinds of headaches. If they’re happening often, jot down some details to help your doctor diagnose them and give you headache relief. Write down:
- The date and time your headache began
- Where you were and what you were doing just before your headache started
- How much sleep you had, and what you ate and drank, in the 24 hours before
- How long your headache lasted, and what helped relieve it