In kids under 2, the flu can hit hard and fast – suddenly, you might notice your little one’s burning up with fever, has a cough, and seems tired and cranky. To get a jump-start on relief:
- Right away, tell your pediatrician:
- When the symptoms first showed up
- If their fever lasts for more than a few days, or their flu symptoms seem to get worse
- Have babies and toddlers nap and drink as much as possible.
During flu season (November to March), your best bet is to help your little one avoid getting it altogether. Remember to:
- Talk to your pediatrician about how to prevent the flu.
- Make sure all siblings and caregivers wash their hands often.
- Tell kids not to share utensils, cups and towels.
- Replace toothbrushes post-sickness.