- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.0
- CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 9.2ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned; HTTP status code of 404 was returned;
We've Got Options!
Can’t find the item you’re looking for? Please use our “Where to Buy” tool below to find an alternative Chlidren’s MOTRIN® item at your preferred retailer or click here to find Infants' Dye-Free.
Help your kids bounce back by relieving their pain or fever with Children's MOTRIN®. For high fever, nothing works faster or lasts longer.✝
✝Among OTC brands. Lasts up to 8 hours.
Available in:GrapeBubble GumBerryDye-Free Berry
Where to Buy
Active ingredient (in each 5 mL):
Ibuprofen 100 mg (NSAID)*
Pain reliever/fever reducer
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, polysorbate 80, pregelatinized starch, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, D&C red no. 33, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, polysorbate 80, pregelatinized starch, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, D&C yellow no. 10, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, polysorbate 80, pregelatinized starch, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, flavors, glycerin, polysorbate 80, pregelatinized starch, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum
- relieves minor aches and pains due to the common cold, flu, sore throat, headache and toothache
- reduces fever
Allergy alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if your child:
- has had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- takes a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- takes other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- takes more or for a longer time than directed
Heart attack and stroke warning: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
Sore throat warning: Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea and vomiting may be serious. Consult doctor promptly. Do not use more than 2 days or administer to children under 3 years of age unless directed by doctor.
Do not use
- if the child has ever had an allergic reaction to ibuprofen or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to your child
- child has a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- child has problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
- child has not been drinking fluids
- child has lost a lot of fluid due to vomiting or diarrhea
- child has high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, or had a stroke
- child has asthma
- child is taking a diuretic
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is
- under a doctor's care for any serious condition
- taking any other drug
When using this product
- take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- child experiences any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feels faint
- vomits blood
- has bloody or black stools
- has stomach pain that does not get better
- child has symptoms of heart problems or stroke:
- chest pain
- trouble breathing
- weakness in one part or side of body
- slurred speech
- leg swelling
- the child does not get any relief within the first day (24 hours) of treatment
- fever or pain gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed
- shake well before using
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.
- use only enclosed dosing cup. Do not use any other dosing device.
- if needed, repeat dose every 6-8 hours
- do not use more than 4 times a day
- replace original bottle cap to maintain child resistance
Dosing Chart Weight (lb) Age (yr) Dose (mL)* under 24 under 2 years ask a doctor 24-35 lbs 2-3 years 5 mL 36-47 lbs 4-5 years 7.5 mL 48-59 lbs 6-8 years 10 mL 60-71 lbs 9-10 years 12.5 mL 72-95 lbs 11 years 15 mL
*or as directed by a doctor.
- each 5 mL contains: sodium 2 mg
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Questions or comments?